The Bass Station II Monophonic Analog Synthesizer from Novation is a 25-key synthesizer with assignable aftertouch that, while designed for bass synth sounds, is also capable of leads and arpeggiated performance. It features two analog oscillators as well as a third, sub-octave oscillator. The tones its oscillators produce can be modulated, shaped, and altered by the Bass Station II's Classic and Acid filters, dual ADSR envelope generators, 2 LFOs, and analog distortion. The synth has a built-in arpeggiators with 32 different patterns and a 1 to 4 octave range. The step sequencer provides another playing style with up to 4 different sequences. The Bass Station II's front-panel controls gives you hands on access to all the synth's editable parameters. Your edits and created patches can be saved to the 64 user patches for fast recall. Oscillators: Bass Station II is built on three analog oscillators and a noise generator. There are two fully independent oscillators plus a sub oscillator. Oscillators One and Two are switchable between sine, sawtooth, square, and variable pulse width, and Oscillator Three - the sub osc - can be set to one or two octaves below Oscillator One. It can be square, sine or narrow pulse width, delivering the characteristically 'fat' bass tone. Filters: You can select between two discrete filters - 'Acid' or 'Classic' - each with a built-in overdrive for pushing filter tones from dry, to warm, to nasty! The 'Classic' Bass Station filter can be switched between low pass, high pass and band pass at 12- or 24-dB slopes. The 'Acid' filter is based on a diode ladder filter design that delivers a characteristically 303-esque sound that is designed to squelch. Bass Station II has two effects (not including the filter overdrive). Analog distortion drives circuit components to add new frequencies to the sound. The second effect is 'Osc Filter Mod' which creates a distinctive FM-type sound by using Oscillator Two to modulate the filter frequency.
• Monophonic hybrid synthesizer keyboard primed for huge bass sounds.
• Access AFX Mode with firmware v4.14 update.
• 2 discrete analog filter designs give you distinct flavors to create your sounds.
• Dual DCOs can be hard synced for tighter, punchier bass.
• Sub-oscillator with square, sine, and narrow pulse-width waveforms adds rich, full low end.
• Dedicated knobs and faders, and aftertouch allow for very expressive performances.
• Patch-per-key functionality expands Bass Station II’s sound design capabilities.
• Paraphonic mode allows users to play two notes at once.
• Fine-tune drum patches with fixed-duration envelope and retrigger counts.
• Tune the suboscillator to any non-octave-tracking interval.
• Oscillator glide diverge adds distinct portamento characteristics.
• 64 factory presets, 64 user slots.
• Built-in arpeggiator and step sequencer with 32 different rhythmic patterns.
• LFO Slew feature lets you distort the LFO waveforms for more modulation possibilities.
• External input for processing line-level audio signals.
• Powered by AC or USB bus power.
• Type: Keyboard Synthesizer
• Analog/Digital: Analog
• Number of Keys: 25
• Type of Keys: Synth Action
• Aftertouch: Yes
• Velocity Sensitive: Yes
• Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
• Polyphony: Monophonic, Paraphonic Mode
• Number of Presets: 64 x Factory, 64 x User
• Oscillators: 2 x DCO, 1 x Sub-oscillator
• Waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square Pulse Width
• LFO: 2 x LFO (triangle, sawtooth, square, s&h), Key Sync
• Filter: 4-pole Lowpass Diode Ladder Filter, 2/4-pole Lowpass/Bandpass/Highpass Filter
• Envelope Generator: 2 x EG (attack, decay, sustain, release)
• Number of Effects: 2
• Effect Types: Distortion, Oscillator FM
• Arpeggiator: Yes
• Sequencer: 32-step
• Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/4" TS (line/instrument)
• Audio Outputs: 1 x 1/4" TS (mono out)
• Headphones: 1 x 1/4" TRS
• USB: 1 x Type B v1.1 (2.0 compatible)
• MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
• Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4" TS (sustain)
• Features: Aphex Twin AFX Mode
• Software: Novation Components (backup, transfer)
• OS Requirements - Mac: OS X 10.9 or later
• OS Requirements - PC: Windows 8 or later
• Power Source: 9V DC power supply (included) / USB bus powered.
• Dimension: 2.5" x 18" x 10.62"
Customers who viewed this item also viewed