The Novation Peak is an 8-voice polyphonic synthesizer based on the Novation Bass Station II analog monosynth; it is well suited for musicians, sound designers, and synthesizer enthusiasts. The instrument features analog-sounding NCOs (numerically controlled oscillators), which include 3 new Oxford oscillators per voice, as well as a flexible digital domain with 17 digital wavetables. The instrument also features a multi-mode, analog state-variable OTA filter with high-pass, band-pass, and low-pass selections with 12/24 dB slopes. Peak's sound engine is rounded out by the true analog distortion and digital effects including chorus, delay, and reverb. At the heart of the synthesizer lies the high-powered processor component called a field programmable gate array (FPGA), which far surpasses traditional DSP chips. Each of Peak's eight voices has an independent oversampling digital-to-analog converter (DAC). These DACs are oversampling at over 24 MHz (24 million times per second), using a simple RC (resistor-capacitor) filter on their output in the analog domain. Peak's ability to generate waveforms at the oversampling frequency (up to 512 times the traditional rate) ensures that Peak's waveforms are pure at all frequencies and free from digital artifacts, no matter how aggressively the pitch is modulated. The front panel of the synthesizer provides a variety of controllers for 1:1 control over most of its parameters. There are 42 control knobs, 8 sliders, 2 data encoders, 46 total function buttons, 2 Animate buttons, 90 indicator LEDS, and a crisp OLED display. What's more, most of the control knobs, switches, and sliders transmit continuous controller data for recording and playing back automation from your sequencer of choice. The rear panel offers a 1/4" headphone output, stereo (left & right) 1/4" outputs, two 1/4" pedal inputs, and an 1/8" CV modulation input for incorporating modular synthesizers.
• 8-voice polyphonic analog synthesizer module.
• Rich analog sound from numerically controlled New Oxford Oscillators.
• Each oscillator features 4 analog waveshapes plus 60 digital wavetables.
• Per-voice analog multimode resonant filter.
• FX Mod Matrix allows you to modulate effects parameters with LFOs and envelopes.
• Updated envelopes add a Hold stage (up to 500ms), and loopable Attack/Decay stages for use as an LFO.
• Expansive modulation capabilities, with 16 direct-access modulations and a 16-slot mod matrix.
• Powerful new Wavetable Editor unleashes the full power of the oscillators.
• Microtuning support with 16 editable tuning tables.
• Supports polyphonic aftertouch.
• Lots of hands-on control including physical sliders for envelope shapes.
• Pre- and post-filter distortion available per voice, plus a master distortion effect.
• High-quality reverb, delay, and chorus effects eliminate the need for external effects processors.
• MIDI in/out/thru for integrating with hardware sequencing rigs.
• CV modulation input for use with modular synth systems.
• Animate buttons allow you to add advanced modulation with the press of a button.
• Type: Desktop Synthesizer
• Analog/Digital: Digital
• Polyphony: 8 Notes, 5 x Voice Modes
• Presets: 512 patches stored
• Oscillators: 3 x New Oxford Numerically Controlled Oscillators, 17 Digital Wavetables
• Waveforms: Sawtooth, Triangle, Sine, Square/Pulse
• Noise Generator: Yes
• Envelope Generator: 1 x Amp Envelope, 2 x Mod Envelope, Animate
• LFO: 2 x LFO
• Filter: 1 x Variable OTA Filter; Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass; 12/24dB Slope
• Effects Types: Lo-Fi Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Analogue Distortion
• Arpeggiator: 33 Patterns, Arpeggiator Chance
• Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (main out)
• Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
• MIDI I/O: In/Out/Thru/USB
• Other I/O: CV modulation in
• Pedal Inputs: 2 x 1/4"
• USB: 1 x Type B
• Features: Stereo Spread Modes
• Software: Ableton Live Lite 9 (included)
• Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)
• Dimensions: 2.78" x 18.27" x 9.17"
Customers who viewed this item also viewed